Who are NSW Community Services
It is now called The Department of Communities and Justice.
We will write Community Services in this fact sheet.
Families and Community Services is part of this department.
Some people will call it DCJ.
It is all part of the NSW government.
- Family and Community Services.
It was called FACS.
Department of Community Services.
It was called DOCS.
They can come to your home.
- can help you to keep your child safe
- may need to take your child away.
your child is not safe.
Community Services talks to you.
What can you do?
You may feel
- a support person you can talk to.
- other family
- social worker.
They may also help you look after your self.
- Get help to read and know what to do.
Ask for all written information in a way you can use.
Like this fact sheet.
- Talk to a lawyer as soon as you can.
You can do this before your child is taken.
There is lots of information there.
You may need to ask for the information in a way you read and use.
Like in this fact sheet.
Go to www.facs.nsw.gov.au
It may not be the same for you.
Talk to a lawyer about
- your own child
- your family.
- The WASH House
- The Ability Rights Centre. A service of IDRS
- a Parent Advisory Group, 2020.
We have used images from
BACK TO TOP